Of this was imperial jadeite what would the value of it be?

Hi I have a piece of a emerald green jade. If it happens to be imperial jadeite what would the value of it be? I have a gemologist/ (mineralogist more)testing a piece of it for me at the monent. I will get a definite answer on next Monday which one it is! It has some translucency to it when you put phone flashlight on it! Also it looks very consistent throughout. Not mixed material… it’s consistently emerald green color. It’s not treated. Their is some polish only on the outside of the rock. Nothing else other than the polish on the rock. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Jennifer, imo there’s too much blue in that specimen to be considered Imperial Jade.

This pic will give you an idea of how rare Imperial Jade is compared to other precious/rare gems.

1 Like

If it was jadeite is their another name for it for the color? Thanks

I found a screenshot about something that is about imperial jadeite. Is imperial green emerald jadeite all one color?

This says more about it. I’m still confused.

A specific gravity determination is easy with a gram scale with tare function, a cup of water to submerge the gem and a piece of thread. No need to wait for an authoritative gemologist pronouncement or guess about whether it “looks” like jadeite or is nephrite or something else. Also possibly, depending on SG numbers, an $85 Chinese refractometer from ebay will give you a spot reading that would also differentiate nephrite from jadeite. Could be something else, but those are two likely suspects. Could be a jasper, but again SG might help and RI spot reading would. -royjohn

2 Likes

Jennifer, if someone told you with absolute certainty that you have jadeite in your possession, I can tell you right now, it’s 100% not Imperial Jade.

1 Like

have to agree with royjohn and jcbell… cannot id anything with certainty from photos. can’t tell if its even nephrite jade… could be a green quartz stone like aventurine. Don’t expect to get high quality jadeite for cheap. Let us know what testing shows. If you are going to pay big money for something, get it tested before you finalize purchase. SgG and refractometry are cheap home tests… worth investing in if you want to do screening yourself… the key word is SCREENING…

1 Like

Thank you for everyones help! I will get back with the results monday! Thanks again

I feel silly. This was advertine quartz! So that means it was a type of quartz!

1 Like

No need to feel silly! It’s a nice piece of aventurine, a variety of quartzite.

2 Likes

I think I guessed right- aventurine…aventurine still makes for attractive jewelry. It’s a common substitute for jade beads. Even though it’s not particularly rare of expensive, aventurine still makes for attractive bead or cab set necklaces, bracelets. setting a cab in gold for a ring with accent diamonds is probably not worth it… the labor and other materials would be worth more than the cab. green and gold do work well together as colors. if you are thinking of a gold colored necklace multiple beads or cabs, do for gold filled or plated.
where are you getting your stones from? If online, I’d be very skeptical of high value stones selling for cheap… they don’t exist. If bought, I hope you didn’t pay much for it.