I’m a crafter and I just started buying low end gemstones at gem shows and Etsy. There is so much fraud and deception in descriptions of what you’re actually getting that I’ve started self educating when I found IGS. My goal is to become a more knowledgeable buyer when I buy gemstones.

Hi.

I recomend www.gemrockauctions.com.
Etsy and Ebay has NO control over the sellers so those platforms are scammers paradise.

Regards
Pierre

You can also check out JTV. They sell lose gemstones as well as finished jewelry and jewelry making supplies. I haven’t purchased anything from them in years, because 7 gem trays is enough for now (3 of them holding 100 gem jars and the other four 50 jars. They used to sell these huge parcels of gemstones that had incredible stones in them, because during inventory, they’d dump gemstones low in count into the mix so you never knew what you’d find. I ended up with some gorgeous stones. Sadly, they quit selling the anything goes parcels over 15 years ago, but they still sell individual stones that range from $20 up to $10,000.00 in their vault collection.

Good luck.

Mitzi Liias