Gemstone value!

Hi I have 83.2 grams of christalized tourqoise it is I want to say more translucent. It is a ex measeum piece. I hope to find out! Thank you

Hi there Jennifer my hun this is not turquoise unfortunately, but looks to be like a opaline of some sorte or maybe evend a very perfect peace of gem silica in a stunning colour, any how this is a stunning piece of gem material. Beautiful!!! :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So it is not crystalized tourqoise. Thank you for all your help. Maybe the person I got it from was mixed up of what he sold me. Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

Hahahahahaha! hay dearest Jennifer, it is unfortunately not crystallised turquoise as I don’t think there is such a thing. :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile: but it would be super cool had that existed as a gem grade mineral. I really really wish that it did but to date all turquoise is powder blue and densly opaque in nature because of its composition and I unfortunately regret to say that due to its complexity in chemical nature it may never be found in semi clear to even cloudy graded material but sadly only the very dens powdery material that we always see.

I miss said what I was trying to say. I was trying to say crystalline turquoise. I understand it is not though. Thank you again for all your help!

1 Like

Any any time you are more than welcome I will always do my best to help as much as I can.
Best regards Jarryed.

Hi Jennifer…it looks like what is commercially sold as Aquaprase

1 Like

Oh thank you for all your help. Maybe the guy who sold it to me was really mixed up. He was selling alot of gems on Etsy. He had around 900 something sales I noticed. Thanks again

Hi Jennifer,
This looks like chrysoprase, but perhaps the color is more blue than green, in which case it might be called aquaprase…I haven’t heard of that term before. The translucence and the matrix on the outside looks like chrysoprase…I’m guessing that chrysoprase and aquaprase only differ in their color and colorants. -royjohn

Thank you. Every post is very helpful information! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Jennifer, FYI, crystalline turquoise does exist, but it’s very rare, occurs in only one known location, Lynch Station, Virginia, and the crystals are usually microscopic. We have some info about this in the IGS Turquoise Gem Listing (and a pic).

in his listing he said
" TURQUOISE CRYSTALLINE
WEIGHT : 84g

SIZE : 70 x 40 x 15mm

PROVENANCE : CRIPPLE CREEK, TELLER COUNTY, COLORADO, USA

SPECIMEN FROM A 20TH CENTURY AMERICAN MINERAL COLLECTION"
He is probably mixed up. i thought I googled crystalline turquoise before! he said he bought gemstones that used to be in a museum at a estate sale. Then he sold that one to me on etsy.
thank you for all your help!

one more thing if you don’t mind me asking. what would the value of this kind of turquoise be if it really was this kind of turquoise? I did happen to google this turquoise on “https://www.mindat.org/photo-29624.html” and this picture of turquoise came up that looked like that crystalline turquoise from that cripple creek location. their was only one of them, But that is why I’m asking. thank you in advance!

It looks more like a mineral indeed

It has all the appearance of chrysoprase, a nickel-colored microcrystalline silica, usually got from Queensland, Australia. Aquaprase seems to be a marketing ploy to sell the less valued watery blue form.
Turquiose is a copper mineral and most modern samples are dyed for the market.