Demantoid price guide

Hello Everyone

I have a unique demantoid rough stone and want to sell it . Please help me with the price of this beautiful stone. The weigh is 1415 carats include very big , beautiful and shiny crystals.

1 Like

As photographed it looks like a nice mineral specimen. The gem value is indefinite unless a crystal can be removed and faceted to show its gem quality. This is the dilemma with specimens containing gemstones. Is it better to harvest the specimen, or leave it pristine as a specimen? Much depends on the source of the specimen and particularly if it comes from a world famous location or has provenance information eg a well known dealer’s card attached.

1 Like

Thanks , you are right .
Very good information.
I have faceted this rough stones to see result.
Please check below pictures if this facet can help to estimate value of this gems.

1 Like

Below is another faceted demantoid :::

Below is above gem installed on the ring view :::

1 Like

1 Like

Dear
Thanks for your reply.
Please take a look at facet ones in replies.

Thank you for the photos of faceted stones. Firstly, they are included. Unless such inclusions are known to be a characteristic aspect of the stone eg “horsetail” inclusions in Russian demantoid gems, these will devalue the stone. Secondly, demantoid has a high dispersion which is not evident in your photos, it may be because your stones show grainy inclusions that have affected surface facets. I cannot comment on the value of your cut gems except to say they do not compare well with demantoid gems at the top of the market.

1 Like

I agree with you regarding the faceted examples. I have a few demantoids with all my other inventiry om trying to sell and they are true AAA quality.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Below is some more faceted Demantoid , Please help me to estimate a value on them.

I totally agree you. Demantoid garnets have a beautiful dispersion and clean brilliant green color. I would say these aren’t demantoid.

1 Like

I was thinking thesame thing. Dull as.