BATT Lap and DARKSIDE

Hello, everyone!
Tell me please…
How do charge the BATT and DARKSIDE laps with Diasticks and Battsticks? And do you use the moistening during the polishing?
For example,
1.I lubricate my designated for 8K BATT with WD40, then draw DIASTICK outward slowly. RPM 200.
Then wipe it and pre-polish on 400 RPM without moistening.
2. I use Darkside with oxides (Battstick).
Before charging, I spray the water, draw battstick outward slowly. Wipe the lap.
Then adjust the water to drop a bit. Maybe 1 drop per sec.
But I guess that the order, which I user is not correct, bcs the polished surface had scratches ultimately…
How do u use them?
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I don’t charge my Batt laps at all. Just use diamond spray and when it stops working, use the WD40 to clean.

1 Like

I don’t have a Batt Lap so I would recommend going on U-toob to see how others charge those (with Diamond).
I do have a Darkside which I use for Quartz’s among other things.
I use only Oxides on my Darkside.
I start by applying a thin film of Snake “FLUID” (NOT snake oil) to the lap and then spritz the lap with water from spray bottle. Then either with a very little bit of high-quality Cerium OR a BattStik-type Oxide, I do a single wipe from the center to the outer edge of the lap while it spins Slowly.
The Darkside Lap requires a ridiculously little amount of oxide. I mean Very Little or almost imperceptible amount. It truly amazes me how little Oxide I have needed with the Darkside.
PS> Since there are very few (if ANY are of any use) Videos on u-toob that show a good Oxide Slurry so I have recently started filming a video which I will post on u-toob before the end of this month (Oct/22).
I have also found that Gearloose’s Titanium Oxide (Battstik) puts a pretty special polish on Quartz as well so I am pretty hooked on it now.
And finally, I do NOT use a Drip for my Darkside lap. I only spritz with a water bottle, just enough to put a vapor of water on it to keep the oxide moist.