Virtual Tour of India and Burma

One of my staff put together a cute Virtual Tour of India and Burma, probably much less in depth than most here would prefer, but it’s a few few minutes. :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi David,
Nice to see you on IGS forums. I enjoyed the videos, Mogok looks fabulous. Have you ever been? I haven’t Our Madagascar trip has been postponed for a year. Did you ever get in touch with Sandrina or any of those contacts there? I hear they are really struggling there now without visitors.
I enjoyed seeing your gems too. Unfortunately our visit to Toronto is also delayed so lunch will have not wait! Best wishes Barbara

Barbara!

I just referred someone who was looking at tripping around mines to you. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I’ve never been to Mogok, when I was younger and more adventurous I did some trading on the border inside of Thailand, but the few times that I went the Burmese weren’t allowing foreigners into the country via the land border.

As for travel in the future… it’s a little heartbreaking isn’t it? One of the reasons I love this business is because where it takes us.

That said… I expect to be doing this until I’m at least 90, hopefully until 100, so I have about fifty more years left in me to visit Mada with you!!! :smiley:

I envy you. I’m almost eighty and now I stop and think of wasted opportunities. Like you, I visited the gem road in Bangkok, Thailand as an inexperienced GI, bought star sapphires (probably lab created) and now I have the financial means to do it, but COVID and health issues stop me from being adventurous. Oh well… settle for my little lab and office and be grateful the Lord still wants me to stick around.

1 Like