Violet Aquamarine

Does anyone have any information about Violet Aquamarine that has recently appeared on the market?

Straight purple or with a purple tinge? Do you have a photo, description, where what came from? In General, so far it looks like a fake.

1 Like

violet tint

1 Like

from Santa Maria de Itibira, Minas Gerias Brazil

I purchased some rough material from Steve Ulatowski at New Era Gems. It’s lovely.

NO WAY! NEVER! I know people mining in that area.

Santa Maria de Itabira/Minas Gerais/Brasil 3,43ct 3,22ct

2 Likes

This is likely radiation treatment, the color fades and isn’t stable if it is radiation treated.

I hope you are not speaking about the 2 aquas i’ve showed here. if you come once to Brasil I’ll introduce you to a good friend of mine who happens to be one of the owners of the pit from where these gems were extracted.
It’s quite easy to detect irradiated beryls, aqua, & very often around here, imperial topaz from Ouro Preto. You just leave them in the sun for 24 hours.
Same thing for emeralds: just ask your dealer if you can leave the gems in aceton for 24 hours.
Primitive but efficient techniques. You’ll never see the scammer again.

No, I meant the violet one that teezer added a picture of.

1 Like

I’ve not seen these on the market yet but would be nice to find for sure. What is the price range per carat?
Otter

1 Like

I still have big doubts that the author’s “aquamarine” purple is natural. natural origin

do you have access to deep blue aqua from
Santa Maria de Itibira, Minas Gerias Brazil that you showed in photo? I would be interested in buying? Thank you

It’s not that simple.I have a small business. One man’s band. I have a lot of contact with small mine owners, small traders, most of them family business. None of us considers himself as belonging to “the industry”, wich by the way is destroying traditional mining & trading. Once in a while I have the opportunity to snatch one of these before the big buyers come with their big money. & it’s the same game with extra emeralds, imperial topaze & all types of tourmalines. & it’s getting more & more difficult because of “the industry” I’m proud not to belong to. Old school.

2 Likes