The price of this stone?

Hello I wonder if there is more than one type osstone in this collection . Some looks like Amber and other pieces like fire opal and again others like agate . what do you consider them to be . I have a similar collection and am intrigued by this group

Start with a hardness test, which will differentiate amber from other, harder stones like agate quickly. Then a simple “heft” test would help, as density of amber is also less than agate. Compare heft of this to a simple quartz pebble. If you have a $12 scale, do an SG. -royjohn

Some are carnelian agates

1 Like

As they all appear to have come from the beach, I would suggest checking to see what type of stones can be found in the area, but I also have a collection like that and mine are agates and carnelian. I’d suggest finding a nice container and putting them on display to remember your trip, which is what I did with mine, because there’s no monetary value unless it’s an incredible specimen that can be turned into jewelry.

1 Like

I agree some are carnilian

I will say: first separate amber from the rest of the stones.
mix two cups of warm water with a quarter cup of salt in a bowl, then stir the mixture until the salt has completely dissolved.
Amber is a very light and it will flow at the top.
You will always find collector for natural amber, as people believe that amber has healing ability.
Price depend of the size and weight. it is about USA$13-15/ gram
Best