The Pink Panther :)

Hi guys , i am a 9 to 5 corporate guy . My daughter was in the habit of asking if what she picked up was a diamond or not - so started studying . It so happens that the builders got broken crushed rocks for settling the pavement and i found this PINK and brown in the rubble shining brightly when i was passing through.

Checked this with a diamond tester and its positive . local jeweller tells me that i have hit a jackpot with the pink . Can you pls let me know its true that this color is rarest just after red ? hadn’t seen a pink diamond in my life . Thanks

More Angles to photo

WOW, tis the season for giving and no one has answered as yet? I am not qualified to answer your question without doing the same thing you would have to do on your own. I do however, offer this food for thought that would make no sense to you without explanation.
Though I have been a gold member long time I am recently back to focus on what I put on hold for 5 years after trying to pass on what was passed on to me during a time that turned out to become a life altering event.
I suggest you make this a “father daughter thing” no matter how young she is! My step dad that was the only father I knew gave to me his hobby of rock hounding and cab cutting as a child only to discover a life time latter I may well have wasted a lifetime missing out on my calling.
Your Daughter found it, so I ask you to guide her to not only identify it and it’s value, put her through the “school of hard knocks” and let her decide what should be done with that knowledge, and how to source it! She will not forget it and will love you all the more for it! This is sad to say but when that old man died, a library was lost!

anyone who knows where the IGS address gemology school?

STUDY!!! Get a book. Go to a library. Go to a museum. Talk to a gemologist at the nearest Natural History Museum. Go to the reference library tab at the top of this web site and read the articles. Take advantage of the resources right here that are free. We can’t do it for you. Sorry if I sound so cranky. I’ve been bed-ridden for nearly six months, but I’ve managed to identify nearly 1,000 stones for my private collection, without the use of a gem lab. I have some equipment, some reference books, and the material from the reference library here. I’ve spent less than $500 over the course of five years on equipment, some of which I consider a luxury, because I can’t get out right now to the high school science lab (for a microscope).