Synthetic Alexanderite

What is the price per ct. of synthetic alexandrritesynts

@Buller Depending on size, cut, and color changing ability it is around $1-3 a ct. That is what I have been seeing them go for. If you buy them in larger quantities you may get even better pricing. They are widely available, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding them. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

@butler I found that higher quality and professional cut synthetic material can fetch up to $125 a carat. I guess it may depend on what lab it came from and the quality of the rough they produce.

Dear Arigems, could you give me a tip where I can buy synthetic gems for my collection. You tell “They are widely available”, but where? Thanks much in advance!

Hi look up RusGems on the website below they have any synthetic gem you would like to name

https://rusgems.com/
Alexandrite | RusGems .compensate-for-scrollbar, .fancybox-enabled body { margin-right: 17px; }

I think rusgems has two kinds of alexandrite, flame fusion and hydrothermal. For any lab created stones hydrothermal will almost always be better quality since it more accurately simulates the natural growing environment. As a result flame fusion alexandrite is often very inexpensive and hydrothermal alexandrite or emerald costs much more. It is also much harder to spot synthetic hydrothermal Stones vs. Flame fusion/pulled, which is kind of a problem and why you should always have your stones certified!