Russia QUADRUPLING Alexandrite Production!?!

I guess this means that Russian Alex is going to go from nearly impossible to find to very difficult and still extremely expensive, still, I’m very happy to hear this, I want a fine 1ct Russian Alex for my personal collection, although I’m sure it’s still going to be gobs of money, it may at least be possible to locate!

More info here: https://instoremag.com/russia-seeks-to-quadruple-alexandrite-production/?oly_enc_id=6044I1865812F8K

3 Likes

I came across this beauty during my online travels last night and thought I’d share even though it’s Brazilian in origin, lol. Stones like this just make my heart :blush:

3 Likes

I know there are people who say ‘Green-Blue to Purple isn’t Alexandrite’, I’m not going to debate nomenclature, that is a BEAUTIFUL ALEXANDRITE!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

That is one sweet ring! A bit pricey for me right now since I have not yet hit on the lotto. :rofl:

2 Likes

I lucked out and found a sweet little rough piece of Russian Alexandrite for a fair price. It’s not the best quality in the world but it does have a deep color to it. I bought it just to cut it into a cabochon. It will definitely be a personal stone as it will have to be stabilized. Like I said, it’s not all that great but the color is off the charts.
All the best in finding that perfect Alex.
Otter

1 Like

Teal green by day and grape purple by incandescent light is indeed Alexandrite. Russia may not like it but, collector quality, earth mined Alexandrite gems are openly available if your willing to pay the price.
However, the only other “collector” gem quality Alexandrites available in the world are mainly from Brazil. Russia hasn’t produced Alexandrite of collector quality, or has drastically reduced the production/sale of Collector quality gems. Very good to hear they intend to bring more supply of such quality gems.

1 Like

I have a 1.00ct, Blue/Green (Teal) to Purple, GIA Certed, Clean, Great Color Change, Well Cut, 7x5mm approx and below what one sees for pricing in Tucson (many tend to be almost black or at least from 2ft away) and under the pricing of The Guide - but is it not Russian.

3 Likes

That 1.65ct cushion :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi Brandyk73
I’m Brazilian, geologist and gem collector. Occasionally I make some jewels using the services of a very skillful goldsmith.
That’s the case of this ring.
18 carats white gold, excellent quality Alexandrites and Paraiba Tourmalines. Size 6. Very affordable price for the quality. Should you be interested, send a private note to geiofontana@gmail.com
Best
Rogerio

1 Like