Rough prices per 🥕

Does anybody have a list on rough prices ?
Thanks Mark did you have any suggestions

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Concerning diamonds, there is ADTEC. They edit a monthly price list of rough, split in categories, like sawable 1/2, maekable 1/2 etc…

Thank you Charles if you find anything on citrines or amethyst something like that also I’d be interested

1 Like

Hi. Adtec seems to work only in south Africa. Having bought diamonds for 18 years or so in sierra leone, it is useless. May as well use it for toilet paper. There is no price list that really works as yiu need to know how to use the local pricing and rap sheet to get what you want. Go to www.greggsgemhouse com/page39 for more info on what I have. Have a good day.

Thank you

Hi,

I am not a buyer of rough and/or polished, but do appraisals. I found the ADTEC list very useful in my job, and am using it for more than 10 years, still satisfied;

A good day to you too!

I have bought rough diamonds in Sierra Leone for 20 years and I tried the ADTEC list and it is as useless as a rubber beak on a woodpecker. The prices were far too high or way too low. But it made good toilet paper and beats the Chinese toilet paper that stands your ass as you wipe. For buying the best thing is to know what you want, check rapping and see the discounts and then buy. Knowing local prices are good but they are always way over the moon. I had one seller that wanted $5000 for a one carat diamonds. Perfect octahedron, vvs clarity or better and very close to D color. I told him to stick his diamond where the sun don’t shine and leave my office. We argued for a bit and I got the diamond fit $550 which is the going price. But ADTEC never helped me at all. Just know your diamonds, know what you want to pay and check Rapp for going prices and buy. Every diamond has a price and you need to know it.
Have a good day
Gregg

Rough prices are based on individual stone yield, color and clarity. Trick is to determine the color and clarity without the proper equipment So there are no specific prices for rough. There are estimates for the auctions from Grib and DeBeers

Hi sir :slight_smile:
We have rough tourmaline peridots amythest…etc

Regards

Zia…