Pendant Stone Identification

Even after hours of research I am unable to confidently identify the stones of the pendants in these pictures!

Anyone have any insight?!

With appreciation,
Sacha

I guess its opal not sure either

The first one looks like Labradorite to me.

I can’t tell you what they are,sorry, but i can tell you, the first one ISN’T Labradorite, not even close.

2 Likes

Neither of these are labradorite. Do either exhibit any opalescence or play of color? Or translucency? Top one might just be agate/quartz, though it’s hard to tell what shade of blue it is from this picture. Also, bottom one I’m almost certain is dyed. Can’t think of any purple stones that come like that in matrix or otherwise, and precious opals almost never show any purple, let alone mostly purple. Maybe dyed common opal? Reminds me most of chrysocolla, actually, but dyed. Not honestly sure if that’s a real thing, though. Still pretty.

Ah, just adding that I think the bottom might be purple-dyed azurite/malachite (maybe some chrysocolla in there, too) in matrix. It looks shockingly similar but wrong color. The blue one might be onyx, I suppose, but it’s hard to say.

Hate to say it but the second one has the look of sea jasper. I have seen examples that are quite colorful and busy like this one. Rare but they are out there. The first on could be a jasper also but I am not quite sure. A better picture would help some.
All the best on finding the answers to this puzzle.
Otter

The beads look like they are Ruby Zosite

I might have the top one.
Found these on google images.

Indonesian blue opalized petrified wood

PL01,
I would love to find some of that Indonesian petrified wood stone rough to cut, any ideas where I can find any at a decent price?
Otter

1 Like

There are lots on ebay, etsy and gemrockauctions @Otter, but, whether it’s a good price or not, it’s hard to say. There are some beautiful pieces to be had though, in fact I could do with some myself :smiley:

2 Likes