Natural Crystals Manufacturer

Hello all. I am searching for a Manufacturer of only natural crystals for my company. I am planning to expand into these offerings here in the USA. I am looking for white & rose quartz, amethyst, jaspers, tiger eye, agate, sodalite, lapis lazuli to start, in clusters (amethyst & white quartz), geods, spears, orbs, pyramids, thumb worry stone shapes, hearts, and palm sized roughs. Please contact me at:

suzanne@creationbysuzanne.com

Thank you for your kind attention to my request!

Hi Suzanne:

I’m a bit confused by your question because only mother nature “manufactures” natural crystals and stones. Both Etsy and Ebay have retailers that sell those items, you could check with your local rock clubs to find local retailers and I’m sure there are other distributers that could be found online. If you’re up for travel, there is the Tucson Gem Show which runs from Feb 10 - 13 or see if your local area is going to be hosting a gem show.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Mitzi,

GIA trains you to understand that a company or person that produces finished gems, or crystals, are called manufacturers. Yes, manufacturers can produce synthetic, or lab-created, gems and crystals, but in my asking the IGS community if they could provide referrals to companies or people who mine and product crystals that don’t misrepresent the item as “natural” when it is synthetic, I was asking for help to locate them. I am not going to Ebay (never do this!) or Etsy (you don’t get manufactures pricing as there is Etsy markup) to find them. If our IGS community doesn’t have any good referrals, then I will check Twitter and Instagram for these companies and persons. One of our wonderful IGS member is on Instagram and I follow them (starlanka). They produce beautiful gemstones!

As to going to Tucson Gem Show, I would love to but I am not not going to wait until February of next year. Also, I am a Premium Buyer on Alibaba.com and have found it is very hard to sort out the “trade associations” from the actual people & companies that bring in the rough from the mines and then cuts the rough to one’s specifications. It is harder than you can imagine. It is difficult to trust Indian vendors from my own personal experience.

I do appreciate your suggestions.

Kindest regards,
Linda Fitzwater, GIA AJP
Owner / Broker
Creation By Suzanne, LLC

Suzanne,

I’ve posted on here before but not a manufacturer. I used to wholesale colored gemstones (non diamonds) in NYC and have a lot of single stones items you have mentioned that i am trying to completely sell off for the most part.

If this is of interest to your request please let me know.

Thanks.

Ken

I apologize for the manufacturer misunderstanding, I was thinking of the mineral type of specimens, not the ones already cut into different shapes.

I understand about the Indian vendors. learned the hard way years ago that what they advertise isn’t always what you get. While there are reputable sellers, there are also the other kind, and it’s not worth it to me to take a chance. You think you’re buying a stone and it ends up being glass, so lesson learned.

Have you checked online to see if there are any gem shows in your area?

There’s a company called Gem Center USA, Inc. that is a wholesaler, but I haven’t purchased anything from them so can’t say how competitive their prices. They do carry a lot of what you were listing above though, so maybe look them up.

Good luck on search. Hopefully Gem Center works out for you.

Mitzi Liias

Hi Mitzi,

Thank you for that referral to Gem Center USA, Inc. I looked at their website and I did find several things I was looking for. I appreciate you sharing this wholesaler. BTW, I did do a Google search looking thru 10 pages and they were not listed in the results.

Kindest regards,
Linda Fitzwater, GIA AJP
Owner/Broker
Creation By Suzanne, LLC

Hi Ken,

I apologize for the delay in replying to you.
If you wish, you can send a detailed PDF of the items you are wanting to sell, along with prices. I can then look them over and let you know.

Best regards,
Linda Fitzwater, GIA AJP
Owner/Broker
Creation By Suzanne, LLC
suzanne@creationbysuzanne.com

Hi Suzanne,

No problem. In fact, I still have quite a lot of stones to still catalog since I moved from the NYC area and I also get side tracked.

I can send a pic of an Excel sheet of what I have cataloged so far. I havent been able to figure out how to attach a pdf on this site so that’s why i send a screen shot of the sheet.

As far as price goes I’m very flexible and pretty open to offers. The one thing I always mention to inquiries is that the stones are very good, none are lab created, I know the country of origin, and they were all purchased from an acquaintance of mine who traveled the world for at least 30 years and personally knows many miners and cutters.

For exampke, when it comes to the aquamarines I have most are from huge lots that were sent to Tiffany’s that they have chosen what they want to use in their jewelry and then return the rest.

He still in fact has a residence in Brazil but lives in LA.

I appreciate your response since the one thung I noticed on this site is that members dont reply to emails whether they are interested or not.

Regards,

Ken

Hi Suzanne:

You’re very welcome.

I love and collect natural minerals, rocks and gemstones, but right now I am concentrating on polishing the pounds and pounds of jasper, quartz and agate that I brought back from my last couple trips to the coast. The last time I went I accidently left my squirt bottle in the cabin, so the only way to see the true colors and patterns, other than running to the surf every few minutes, was to wet each stone with my tongue (after verifying there were no dog or people prints in the sand). Some people probably thought I’d gone off the deep end, because I’m sure it looked like I was licking the rocks, but really, I wasn’t.

I find it so rewarding though, to pop the top off the rock polishers and look at Mother Nature’s creations in all their glory. Some of the patterns and colors are incredible. I love dumping the rocks in front of me and then viewing each one with my loupe or magnifying glass, because there’s a whole new world of tiny patterns to see that would otherwise, be lost.

I’ve wire wrapped some stones into pendants and there are some I want to cut in half to see if there are any surprises in the middle, but the majority will go on display in my huge margarita glass where I can look at them again and again.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Mitzi

Hi Linda,

I havent forgotten about your inquire but three weeks ago i emailed the IGS support regarding how to attach an Excrl file to a member message and ive received no reply ( the site says usually a couple of days) so I sent another request today.

Fingers crossed…

Best Regards,

Ken Davis

Hi Linda,

Just after i sent the last message i noticed you list your email site.

I think I’ll end up sending whatever i cataloged to your email since i think my chances of hearing an IGS response are slim.

Best Regards,

Ken