Back to IGS | FAQ | Contact

My toys all got here today!

Today my trim-saw grinder combo, and my brand-new variable-speed Sterling lapidary handpiece faceting machine, along with their entire lap package and every other accessory they sell have all arrived! :grin:

I had to pick the crate up from the cargo area of the airport, but it was very easy, and now I have an entire workshop worth of fantastic equipment!

In addition to Sterling lapidary’s traditional zinc, copper, lead, lucite, and felt laps I also got the D’lite 1200 and 3000 diamond laps to see if they work as well as the old nubond laps were supposed to. I also got the gearloose high performance starter set, which comes with a zinc+ for 3000 pcd, a batt lap for 60k pcd, a darkside with the full of four set of oxide sticks, and I couldn’t stop myself from picking up the matrix composite ceramic lap and some 100k pcd.

2 Likes

Awesome. Hope you get along with your equipment

1 Like

Yeah,

I spent all day today just getting things set up and organized.
:sweat:

I also calibrated one of the hand pieces using the method @justinkprim outlined in his video on the IGT YouTube channel.

I did have to spend some time on the forward backward calibration, but now it seems to be aligned okay in all three dimensions.
:face_with_monocle:

So tomorrow will be my first attempt to use the equipment for an actual Jewel.
:grin:

Cheers.

1 Like

That is a full on set of the best of the best - you must’ve won the lottery - really nice setup!!

I have three Corian laps and two copper - the rest are steel on aluminum (2) masters finally breaking them in.

I’m just recently re-entering faceting from 35 years ago when work required round the clock attention.

Keep us informed - those exotic laps are most intriguing - great images - thanks!

Congrats. Post a pic of your first stone! Looking forward to seeing it.