My Interest in Gemology

I started a course in Gemology 30 years ago in college in the UK but didnt finish it as I moved to Austria to live, but I did collect a few faceted stones then, which I still have. I have tried to find a local gemmology course on a few occasions but to no avail.
I have always been fascinated by gemstones and crystals and the wonder of these creations. For me, they hold an invisible prescence that cannot be categorised into any left brain reasoning. Their beauty is more valuable than the monetary aspect. I felt inspired to join this organization and hope to learn more about the industry and different gemstones.

1 Like

Hi, Theresa! I have a background in the arts and also appreciate the cultural and artistic contexts our forum topics touch on. This organization has some really helpful courses that have enabled me to identify which tools and instruments are most helpful in my independent studies. I have also been in touch with our local college’s geology professor who has encouraged me to continue on with my independent studies. The IGS courses and other resources have been enlightening. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish one, and my knowledge is definitely growing. Welcome! Deborah