Looking for an Advice in Starting Gems business in U.S. without middle men

Hi All,

We are Gemstones mining company located in Ethiopia but now have sales rep in U.S. We mine Spinel(purple), Amethysts, Emerald, Sapphire, and Opals and sell them in Africa and South America through dealers so far. Most of the dealers sell our unique gems at least 1.5x-2x to U.S. and other markets from the price we sell it to them. Right now we are opening office in U.S. but wanted to sell it directly to businesses ourselves without middle men. So our price will be very competitive

Our customers are not retailers but B2B that use the rough gems, cut it, and sell it with Jewelry.

Most of our transactions go from $1000-$30k. Average is about $5k. I know it might be tough to build relationship and trust at the beginning for such market and high margin. I would really love to hear your suggestions on how we should go about our B2B business. Should only focus on attending shows, or build only online presence or both?

Thanks.

I would do both. An online presence is not difficult, or expensive to establish and “you never know who will come out of the woodwork” to buy from you, as your minimums are not too high. You should also consider joining Instagram and Facebook groups. There are several Facebook groups that focus on the sale of rough stones of good quality and you can make sales there just by posting pix and statistics on selected stones and also increase traffic to your website this way. Good luck, royjohn

Hi royjohn, thank you so much for your reply. I’ve joined quite a few FB groups and most of them sell for retails so prices go from $10-$100. May be I haven’t found the right one yet. I will keep grinding. If you have suggestions, feel free to point me out.

Thank you!
Matt.

Hi would you able to send the picture of sapphire and the price I am in uk

I am sorry for the late reply. I haven’t logged in here for a while. I don’t have sapphire with me right now but I do have opal, spinle, and Amethast as you can see from the image.! Please let me know if you are intersted in one of this. Thanks.

35078376_10209454671524092_8340502317585399808_n|690x388

please conact me in message