Jeremjevite: Value on faceted, gem quality stone

Can any expert out there give a current value or a resource to value a large (5 ct) cut Jeremjevite?? No one asked, as yet, as been able to guess a value on such a stone. Thanks! S. Allen

Not sure if it’s any help or not, I found this on youtube, there is a link on there to the company selling it - $4,980 for a blue 3.95ct one.

A picture or two of your’s would be nice to see :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply PL01: Any help is welcome, as appraisers are all totally stumped. Have tried to upload photos…no luck (or skill apparently), but will try once more…

Dear PL01, Here is my best pic of the Jerem. It is the center stone set in 18k with diamond side stones. Again, if anyone has an idea of per carat value possible on this stone I would appreciate your input. I bought the stone years ago and put the ring together. Now I need to value it… whew.

1 Like

It’s a great looking stone, and ring. All i can think of is, if you can’t find an appraiser anywhere who can value the stone or the whole ring, i’d give Sotheby’s a try. Sorry, i can be of no more help to you, it’s a nice piece.

https://www.gemrockauctions.com/search?keywords=Jeremejevite

There are a couple of stones similar to the one that you have on gemrockauctions.com

I know it’s difficult to tell from a single photo, but sallee2attnet stone looked much cleaner than any of those on Gemrockauction’s site.

A few more pictures could help, but putting a price on it still won’t be easy, there’s little stuff out there to compare it to, if it’s has clean as it looks.

Hi PL01, And again thanks much for your input. The stone is rated by GIA as colorless, and they noted nothing but one microscopic fracture, unable to be seen but by instrument. The shield cut is also unusual, and appears very well faceted…all of which is why I bought the stone and did the ring. Being in a custom setting has also added to the difficulty…can’t find an appraiser who is not stumped… So I will add your input and help into the mix, and forge on! Again thank you…
S.A.

Hi Skyjems, I’m off to the link you sent me. It is one I have not seen yet, so I hope for some comparisons.This stone is 5.71 ct and colorless. Comparisons are tough. Thanks! S.A.