Identification direction please?

Hi Steven, and sorry for my late reply.
I had to spend the summer out-of-home, and its still quite some time before i`ll get to time to sit down with this again.

I put them in one of my boxes for rough specimens, and was thinking to save their definite revelation until i find time to educate myself properly; and have them cut afterwards.
However, since the interest in this thread is rather good, ill try to have a few of them checked by a professional to come closer to an answer…

JCBellGG: You were the first to reply, and seem to have what it takes!? I could send you a few samples of these to try solve a mystery? (You can keep them afterwards)

whoever looks at it, let us know the results…

1 Like

www.researchgate.net/publication/355205675_Pegmatite_occurrences_of_Moslavacka_gora_No

Found two references on pegmatities in northern Croatia.

This paper focuses on the petrogenesis of the pegmatites and on dumorietrite contained within, the second on tourmalines within the pegmatities… no mention of beryl or lithium minerals. Helidor can’t be ruled out entirely if your stones came from a pegmatite in Croatia… beryl is a pegmatite mineral, although many pegmatites are also “barren pegmatites” without sufficient rare element contentrations to create gemstones… these barren ones contain quartz, muscovite, biotitie, and alkali feldspars, with shorl tourmalines incorporating small qualtities of rare elements…not enough to form free beryl, spodumene, Those in Croatia are not reported on other than in the context of a few papers… doesn’t mean that beryl doesn’t exist…To my knowledge, however, I haven’t read or heard about Croatia being the source of pegmatite gems.
Good luck on getting a definitive ID and let us all know what you find… thanks