I Paid 30 USD for this Tanzanite. good or bad deal?

I took this picture myself to ensure accuracy of the colours. It’s 1.8 CT. It has no scratches or damage and very little eye visible inclusions

If 30 USD is wrong I’d like to know what it may be worth. I am new to the business.

1 Like

Hi, light in colour, you would also need to check to ensure it has not been coated on the pavilion to enhance the colour which they do with Tanzanite, hard to evaluate a price but if not coated even though a lower grade of tanzanite I would think $30 was a good price
thanks.

5 Likes

Thanks for your knowledge, Could you tell me to check if it is coated? I do not think it’s coated but I can’t be sure.

Hi go to this website it will give you a good idea

3 Likes

So cheap

Are you sure it is an actual Tanzanite? It could be a simulant at that price point. What kind of tests did you run on it?

2 Likes

It appears that the Clarity is pretty good, the cut is not good and the color is light however who can complain at $30. Thats a fair price. You did ok. ( The 3 C’s Carat, Cut, Clarity) Remember that most tanzanites are heated which gives them typically the strong violet blue hues. If you want to see amazing tanzanites check out the D Block mined ones! After you see those you have a better idea of what I’m talking about. Hope this helps! - Mike Acquire Collectibles

Rule #1 Run the needed tests to identify stone.
Rule #2 Have you performed Rule 1 yet?

1 Like

Looks a bargain if the make is decent….
I’ll give you 40.00 for it😉
Kidding aside , value of this type of material in a decent make is 50.00 to 75.00 a caret wholesale or cost , dealer to retailer , at least without having the stone in hand is a close estimate , in my opinion

Hi are you sure , if this is Tanzanite you got the bargain of a century 1.8 CT for $30 . Have it appraised its pleasurable to the eye which to me it should be but people that control the markets have been telling us for the last ten yrs that the mining of Tanzanite is depleting. I would assume this is to elevate the price .if this is genuine i’ll bid on it .