I believe it's a black opal but need help

My uncle gave me a bunch of random uncut gems, rocks, and minerals a few months back. This dark green one was a little rough looking, I believe he grinded the matrix off years ago… And never knew what it was. Anyway, I just finished cutting/polishing it. It’s 36cts finished.
(One moving video sorry about the pup) and one photo of the early cutting stage)

Sorry!! The other video was too large of file. Here’s a 6 second video of the polished gem on the polish stick still

Sorry!! The other video was too large of file. Here’s a 6 second video of the polished gem on the polish stick still

Hi Kellie, looking at the still photo, it appears that it may have a crystalline structure with some form of re entrant marks on the stone.
it is always difficult to analyse a gem from a photo, but if this is the case then it cannot be opal.

I have had a look at the video but cannot determine what the gem is,
hope this helps in some way

thanks.

Hi Kellie.
I collect gems and preferably in the black opal from Australia but also opals from other countries. And that the others have written, it is difficult to determine from the photo / video and I have a hard time getting it to Opal, but without polish/cut to mutch, can you try to do one or two facets …vinkla o lighting with light / sun and the black / white background … nice if you could take pictures then, you see a little redwill increase the chance otherwise think probably is it tourmaline , crystal structure! ??
anyway … It´s very nice at the photo/video :wink:
best of luck Sten (Yup, thats my name:) )