How Much Do You Think These Mineral Specimen Are Worth?

I am relatively new to the gem world so I had a rather novice question to ask. What would be the ballpark value and rarity of the specimen pictured below? They are all of Zambian origin if that is of any help. I have yet to get an accurate carat weight, but I have a penny in the photo for reference.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Beryl (Aqua) on Black Tourmaline

Black Tourmaline 1

Black Tourmaline 2

Black Tourmaline on Matrix

Silver Topaz on Quartz

Rutilated Quartz

Kon, Have you looked at E-bay under collectables/ mineral specimens? That would be a good start to see where price points would start. IMO.

Hi vfuller! Thank you for your response. I have looked on E-bay and some other online sales sites, but I’m having a difficult time arriving at an appropriate pricepoint as I am still learning the ins and outs of specimen values.

How much did you pay?

first of all what are they?what did you buy as?where did you buy them?

They were given to me by my brother to do a market test. So I paid nothing for them.

The variety is writing bellow each series of photos. They all came from Zambia.

all common types.can be found in U.S. too.Value is not very much $4-6 range

1 Like

The quartz is worth a couple dollars, the others are small and don’t look like the best quality, so they will fall under the rough specimen collectible item rather than being cut and circulated in to the gem trade. You’re only talking around 5 to 10 dollars a piece on them.

Okay great. Thank you!!!