Help about padparadscha

Hi, I’m new here. Can anyone help me with this loose stone, their price aProx? Because in the price list I don’t see the Pad table.
I know the clips don’t show true colors but this stone show the pad colors, their measures are: 10.7 x 9.1 x 6.4 mm what is the ct size?

Can you help with the price about. This stone don’t have a certificate, and I won in Auction.

It is a cloudy light brown stone no even close to pad

If it a sapphire it should weight 5.2 carats if it more than 10% up or down it is not a sapphire

Fun that you like gems.
Check around and read professional books.
After a time with stones coming
you then a change of purchase.
Good luck

Padparadscha Sapphires are the rage. Maybe you know about the Royal Family and their love for Sapphires and Kate Middleton in particular loving the more colorful gems such as the equally beautiful Padparadscha Sapphire.

Here, you can check out more about PADPARADSCHA SAPPHIRE : Padparadscha Sapphire - Wholesale Gemstones & Jewelry - Semi Precious

You are right about the royal family’s love of Sapphires. HM The Queen certainly has some of the best in the world. Princess Eugenie of York’s engagement ring is a Padparadscha sapphire.

1 Like

Very low quality…hope you didn’t pay much.good luck miss brandy!

This is the colour of padpradasha you should be looking for:

Lotus flower and Sunset

A lot of people would find that too orange and not enough pink to be ‘trade ideal’

This is my preferred color for Padparadscha AB99B469-5CC3-48F2-A4E8-6AFDC9A1386B

That said, a lot of people would say that stone is too pink!

1 Like

If it were an Australian stone, I’d be referring to it as a Pink Sapphire, but it’s certainly much closer to Padparadscha than a lot of the pink Sapphires marketed as Padpradascha.

I have always been of the belief that Padpradascha must not only show the rich red/pink but must exhibit orange as well. I think though, it will be a colour grade that very few will ever agree on.

The Aussie Padpradascha stones that I have seen in the rough, and they’re rare, are much more the rich colour range, the last one I saw was around 4ct rough attached to the end of a much larger stone and a top gemologist verified the stone’s identity.

1 Like

Yup, and when people say ‘it’s the colour of the lotus flower’ I always say the same thing, the lotus flower has a range of colour, here are three of them.

My preference is the colour of the second, but I know a LOT of people who swear it should be much closer to the third as that is the saffron colour of the robes of Buddhist monks!

lotus flower2 lotusflower3

The third is closer to the yellow or gold sapphires we get here, defiantly not Padparadascha, the centre flower would be my pick every time.

1 Like

It’s interesting that you say that because as I had mentioned, the stone you had shown a picture of was too orange for my tastes and from the photos, looks closer in colour to the third lotus than the second.

IMHO: As long as there is both pink and orange present, it becomes an argument of taste and preference. One person likes slightly pinkish orange, another likes strong pink orange, the next likes orange pink but max tone 4, none are more ‘right’, just like ice cream doesn’t have a ‘best flavour’

@jbergman did you put this thread in the email as clickbait! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

First you have to find a Pad… Currently have about 11 GIA Certed Pads in inventory, plus a few others that might be certed by them - one for sure will. Have had good luck, as when I think I have a Pad and send it in, it comes back certed as a Pad. GIA has specific criteria for Pads - if the color is too saturated, I believe that it fails their definition if I recall.

Here is one in inventory, GIA Certed: Unheated Orange-Pink GIA Certed Padparadscha, 3.52ct. (Actually, it also has another Pad cert, but I wanted to get a GIA Cert since this is Unheated and on the larger side and therefore, not often seen).

sapph_355pt_oval_orange-pink_unh_certed

1 Like

As it’s been explained to me, minimum saturation is moderately strong. Maximum tone is 7/dark. Must exhibit both pink and orange, but no brown.

From the photo I don’t know if there is enough orange for GIA to give that a padparadsha cert, but it’s a beautiful gem either way!

I too have spent a decent amount of time speaking with the GIA Lab. The 11 Pads I noted are all certed as Pads by GiA, including the one that is pictured. Color representation varies dramatically at times from device to device.

1 Like