Hello from North Carolina!

Hello, my name is Dan and I\’m a new member. I have a degree in Geology from Penn State and spent my career in the Oil and Gas industry. Now that I\’m retired I\’m hoping to have the time to devote to gem and lapidary pursuits.

1 Like

Hope you have a wonderful retirement following your passions.

Hello Dan, and welcome.
I’m Toby. Formerly of the Boone, Blowing Rock area and now located in my home state of SC (probably not far from you).
I to am retired and now enjoying my passion. High end stone collecting and precious metallurgy. My wife is a GIA graduate and I studied her courses along with her in the late '70s. I just can’t put GG behind my name. lol
You should go to Spruce Pine and Hiddenite, NC, if you don’t already know of where I speak. You can find everything you’re looking for there.
I’m in the infancy of a new start-up at the moment (custom, high end jewelry), but, you and I should hook up asap. I have an extensive stone collection you might enjoy seeing.
tah,
TRB
PS-I have extensive experience in the industry… along with other things.
I

Hello Dan and Toby, I am also located in North Carolina and I am interested in starting a Lapidary business and I would love your invaluable information how to make it successful.

TTYL,
John Barris

Wow, a regular NC rock club! I’m in the eastern part of NC, in the middle of farm land. No mountains near by, unfortunately, but I do know where Hiddenite is!

I don’t really have the artistic talent for Jewelry design but I hope to be able to supply stones to someone who does. I had a rock shop set up with a couple saws and a CabKing machine but I had to temporarily empty it to use as a dog kennel for a stray hound we picked up! I hope to get that back soon. I also have a RayTech Shaw faceting machine that I’m just learning to use. So, my plan is to cut and facet my own stones as well as buy and resell some things.

Hopefully we can do some business in the future!

1 Like