Heirloom Star Ruby

Hi

Recently, I was shown the attached heirloom star ruby from Vietnam that form an unique pattern that form the Taoist Bagua.

Is the attached really a heirloom star ruby? I have never came across before.

First of all lets tackle Heirloom. Acccording to wikipedia: In popular usage, an heirloom is something, perhaps an antique or some kind of jewelry, that has been passed down for generations through family members. So it may or may not be an heirloom.
Second that could (or could not) be a ruby, it looks like one, it is the form of the crystal that someone cut an polished en cabochon. Very Cool! Have you done any testing? R.I>? or Specific Gravity?

Hi Terry, thanks and we concluded it must be a ruby cabochon. Anyway, i have already bidded and brought it at 2500USD for my client because we love such rare ruby appearance; however, he refused to pay for gia cert. Only test done was using my gemstone tester device that gave a positive mohs hardness scale of the ruby. Is it a good buy for my client?

To be complete honest, a gem hardness tester hardly says anything. Atleast do a specific gravity test to make sure its a 3.96-4.00 and then we can conclude that its corundum.