Getting Stoned--podcast about minerals and gems :)

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a member here for a few months and wanted to reach out to invite anyone who wants to jump on a podcast with me.

The name of the podcast is called, Getting Stoned and it’s all about gems, minerals, and fun conversation. I launched it on New Years Day 2021 with the goal of just creating something fun.

Anyway, I’m just putting this out here—if anyone wants to join me feel free to reach out. You can see the podcast at http://gettingstoned.online

If you come on, we prerecord the episode through the Anchor app (anchor is a podcasting service site and it’s free).

7 Likes

I would probably be interested, any topics you have in mind?

Might be fun to do a Getting Stoned X Skyjems and I would republish in my blog section: Skyjems News

1 Like

I love the name, Skyjems–it’s unique. We can def talk about your gem business, how you got in and what inspired the name. Send me an email johnnacrider2@gmail.com and let me know your schedule for next week–I’m free every day but Monday (my kitty is having surgery).

Hi ! I’m extremely interested in doing a podcast with you. After over 20 years of making jewelry, I’m finally at a point of selling my work on a site at an appropriate price! I didn’t have the confidence before to sell my work at the current price.
My business name rocks out at GetWiredGetStoned! I’m so look forward to hearing from you soon!!
Thankx, Kate Voss

3 Likes

I love the name! :rofl:
I know some people are going to be in for a big surprise when they come across this podcast and find it’s about stones and not something else but some people may just not care. I’ll be on the lookout for it!
All the very best in this new venture.
Otter

1 Like

Hi Katherine! I’d love for you to come on. Shoot me an email to johnnacrider2@gmail.com and let’s set a date to record.

Hi Otter, yeah it’s brilliant wordplay and to my utter joy, GettingStoned.online was available as a domain so I grabbed it.

In my experience, there’s a lot of overlap between the two communities.

I mean, every Canadian and American cutter I know looks like Willie Nelson! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Just a quick update–if anyone wants to be a guest on my podcast email me at johnnacrider2@gmail.com. I’m currently the victim of a vicious cyberbullying attack on Twitter and had to take down my contact form. So for now, email is best.

Sounds like fun. I’ve been stoned since VN in '66. They’ve recently discovered corundum there (Viet Nam) that rival the best Mogok stones from Burma.

I’m on the verge of opening a new custom shop which be called STONERS CUSTOM GOLD and EXOTIC GEMSTONES. Y’all come, now.

PS- I’m anxious to check your podcast. May join you there.

Hi Toby, sorry just now getting back to you. Went thru Ida and things are slowly returning to normal. I would love to have you on! my email is johnnacrider2@gmail.com let’s plan it there :slight_smile:

High Johanna,
Ditto on your first sentence.
I have my business up and running… sort of. Have already gotten 2 high end commissions for a brooch/pendant combo and a wedding set using my stones($$). Except I don’t have my casting equipment out of storage yet. And the client is anxious. You know how that goes. lol
Please post a link for your podcast - or is it posted and I missed it. Not uncommon.
tah,
TR