Gem stone identification

Trying to identify a gem I have does anyone have any idea. I used a coin microscope 50-1000x to take pictures of the inclusions. Thanks for your help.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

The first thing I would consider would be specific gravity test. That would tell you the range you’re in Hope that helps.

Steven

Thanks for responding I looked up articles about specific gravity after your comment. I am going to buy a scale for that soon on Amazon. Do you think I can rule out cubic zirconia though? The stone is nonferrous, and shines blue under a black light.

I believe Refracted Index would get you on the right road to find out what you have.Pix to magnified,10 pwr. is all you need for I.D.

There’s an easy way to take an SG, whereas an RI requires a refractometer and fluid and some understanding of what you’re looking at in addtion to a facet with a good polish that will stand on the refradtometer table…or you have to hold the gem facet in contact while you take the reading, which is a little bit of a balancing act…buy a small gram scale. Procure a salad dressing cup or other vessel big enough to immerse the gem in, but not so big that, filled with water, it maxes out the scale. Fill the cup with water, put it on the scale and zero out (push “tare”) the scale. Lay the gem in the water on the floor of the cup. This reading gives the weight of the gem. Tie the gem with string or fishing line or suspend it on a small wire bent into some kind of cup of the smallest weight possible. Suspend it completely submerged in the water. This gives the weight of the water displaced. Use the typical SG equation to compute the SG. No complicated apparatus to suspend the gem in a beaker, etc., as in the classical method. With an SG test and a polariscope you can test for SR vs DR. Your UV test results (long wave??) can also be looked up in a chart. Perhaps this info will be enough, along with the inclusions.
Best,
royjohn

Thank you royjohn that is really helpful. I will do that. Is the sg equation

Or

mass/volume

I have Heard both

And thanks to all who have replied :smiley::pray:

I tried to find the sg with my Digital Scale which is .001 gram accurate. I uesed a wire to suspend It, but the accuracy veryed grately from 1 ct to .33 ct in volume. The gem it’s self is 3.79 ct maybe it is to small for this?

With a stone that size you could use a Hannenman direct reading scale . No math //www.mineralab.com/Hanneman/

Thanks for the info I just ordered a hanneman on amazon really looking forward to solving this mystery.

Hanneman Direct Reading Specific Gravity Balance