Fake or real emerald? Help

What does this mean? The emerald comes with certificate and they insure the buyer it is untreated? Yet when he uses wet paper napkin he finds it is been dyied! I don’t want to believe it’s fake do you think it’s fake I adviced him to take it to a lab maybe it’s yes enhanced but it’s real emerald. Could high room temperature do this to emerald please I need an explanation

Hi.
Ofcourse the stone is a fake. Your feeling is correct. No Emerald lose its colour by a moist cloth. The second clue is the certificate. It looks just like the rest of the bogus certificates that comes from India. Your friend has been scamed.

Regards
Pierre

2 Likes

I concur with Pierre. No Emerald will lose its color when wiped wit. a moist cloth. Doing so implies the color is on the surface, rather than within the stone

2 Likes

Definitely a fake. They will soak them in some oils and ship. They make those certificates all day long. eBay is big for selling those. They do not regulate the sellers. When they get enough bad feedback, they just close that page and open a new one to just build up the feedback. They just do not care. I’ve had a lot of these stones come into my shop by clients thinking they had something great. I’ve had them come in with much better dye jobs than that and I’ve had them come in spray painted. No kidding!
All the best,
Otter.

1 Like

Your “certificate” is fake.

1 Like

Its a fake.

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :woozy_face: :dizzy_face:

It is a new type called “Scamerald”. ;))