Diaspore Zultanite source

I was recently contacted by a an international organization that owns a zultanite mine in
Milas, Turkey.

Does anyone know what kind of market there is for very nice quality , faceted zultanite. They will have GIA Certs. I have a copy of one of them that i have gone thru.

Cert srates transparent , this paticular piece the cert states color ; grayish green changing to brownish pink

1 Like

Is there going to be a conflict of interest from this particular mine owner with the original Zultanite name sake?

I would be curious to know if the trade mark is required to be etched on each stone in order to be certified?

-Troy

2 Likes

That was an interesting read. I will be reaching out to the company in florida. Thank you.

1 Like

Good luck! Hope everything goes well! Cheers!

-Troy

1 Like

Run!

3 Likes

I was approached a couple years ago asking if I’d be interested in buying the mine. Personally, I love “zultanite” as I love color changing gems. BUT, the due diligence in the ownership just didn’t “pan out”. (pun intended…LOL) The Market for this gem just seems to have never caught on.

3 Likes

That is interesting to hear. Personally, I had not heard of Zultanite, until this thread started. In the 35 years working in this industry (hobby / independent jeweler) my customer base has never inquired on the stone. This places strong evidence, that unless a new gem material has a “brilliant” (couldn’t resist) and well-executed advertisement campaign, it is hard to catch the consumer’s eye, as they remain laser-focused on the more popular choices.

It could definitely be a natural and less expensive alternative to the Alexandrite and Color Changing Garnets / Spinel… if there was a good marketing campaign.

Oh, I totally agree with you. American consumers are not very educated when it comes to gemstones.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Zultanite.

Agree also. There are so many beautiful colored gemstones out there but I think Americans only know what they see in the retail environment. Hey like i posted… I’ve never heard of Zultanite.