Crystal like stone

Sorry about quality of pics, they are vid stills. On the top of this larger karst rock if you look closely you can see a perfectly hexagonal rock that looks like an old wooden 2x2. It isn’t, it’s hard like rock, and based on where I saw this, a beach that can only be accessed at a very low tide, in Malaysian Borneo, and how it sticks out of this very hard larger rock, I don’t think it can be fossilized wood, I can’t imagine how it got there and there was nothing like it anywhere around that area.

Can rock grow like crystal? I climbed on the rock and struck it with my hand and a metal flashlight and it wasn’t going anywhere, it looks a lot like some of the crystal formations I’ve seen in another post. If it was a crystal of some kind, it didn’t have any crystal-like surface, it was a thorough opaque gray and because it’s underwater at high tide, if it was simply aged and colored, I expect I would have seen some evidence of that, but it didn’t seem to be, it looked like a gray stone.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I understand that crystals are rocks, but i haven’t seen non-crystal like rocks like this before, so i figured i’d ask.

Hi, that looks like basalt from a lava flow. It probably formed that way due to cooling by water. As for how the 2x2 “stone” got there. It probably was there before the basalt was.