Chrysocolla Specific Type Question

Hello All,
I have imported 3 gemstones of Chrysocolla and was needing some help to determine if the first one was a blue to blue-green Eilat stone or Stellarite. This stone was mined in Brazil according to my gem cutter.

The next two are from Africa. The gem cutter that made these two cabs said these gemstones were a mixture of Azurite, Malachite and Chrysocolla. Would either of these two be called “Parrot-wing” or “Eilat”?

I appreciate your kind attention to my questions. Thank you.

1 Like

Your stone is not Eilat Chrysocolla which comes from Israel, it is a mineral consisting of malachite, azurite, turquoise, pseudomalachite, and chrysocolla. It is not Parrot Wing which comes from mines in Mexico. Stellerite is a zeolite mineral, whose colors range from white to peach, so your stones are definitely not that. The second two stones are Azurite and Malachite and appear to be from Africa mines but it is impossible to tell. The first stone is Malachite and Chrysocolla. It is mined all over the world, where ever there is copper basically. Hard to know where your stone is from. None of this material uncommon.

Hi Lesley,
I did read the article on Chrysocolla before posting my question in the forum. I do know where my gemstones come from. I stated that in my post. I was hoping for a GG to start a conversation especially about the first gemstone as it looked similar to Gem Silica but I guess not.
Thanks for recapping the article that I read on Chrysocolla.

• Linda Fitzwater, GIA AJP