Blog Writers Wanted, Pay: $0.20-$0.30/word

I’m looking for some high quality blog posts written by people with both a passion for gems, as well as a very good knowledge of the field.

If you have topics you want to write about, I am all ears.

If not, some possible topics:

Why do emeralds have inclusions?

What is the difference between heated & unheated sapphires?

Gemstone rarity & correlation with value.

10k/14k/18k gold.

‘Should I use white sapphires instead of diamonds?’

Engagement ring trends (or anything to do with colour stone engagement rings)

Origin and ‘does it matter’?

Just about anything about coloured gemstone mining.

Like I said, I’m all ears if you have something you want to write about.

1 Like

Hi, I have a journalism degree and worked for 20 years in that field; corporate pr and advertising. I made a mid-life career change to jewelry. I don’t have any formal training other than GIA grad in Diamonds but I know a fair amount about colored gems. It has always been my passion since I was a child attending mineral shows. I know enough that when someone on this site posted a gem that some called a Larimar was indeed an Amazonite. The last sapphire I purchased, I looked for an unheated blue. All of the topics you suggested are interesting. Would you want me to pick the topics? Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks, Denise pascal

Hi Skyjems,
I would be happy to write article scientifically oriented.
I am relatively new to the field but I am an experienced scientist (PhD Chemistry, Prof.) with more than 15 years as R&D leader. I am the authors of 31 publications in international journals in inorganic chemistry and nanomaterials.
As I read gemological articles, I realize I already have a good understanding on the spectroscopic tools and analysis.
If you are interested, I would be happy to give it a go.
Let me know.
Cheers
Laurentb

Email me at david@skyjems.ca and I’ll get back to you next week.

Happy Canada Day and soon 4th of July! :canada::canada::canada::us_outlying_islands::us_outlying_islands::us_outlying_islands::canada::canada::canada::us_outlying_islands::us_outlying_islands::us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

Hi there.
Are you still looking for blog writers?