Are these the rarest gems in the world? it's so beautiful compared to common stones

Well it would be helpful if you could actually tell us what they are if you know??? thanks

I can’t determine for sure, it reacts beautifully under UV light

I bought a presidium Il gem tester cause i know nothing! Spinel? Tourmaline probably not… pink ruby? Probably not…
Hmm
Olga

testing needed use refractometer,microscope ,etc.

Not Ruby, so SG test.

1 Like

can you just help me is up how to identify them. In my country I don’t have enough experience to identify for these strange stones. thank you very much

First undertake an SG test on each stone, this will narrow the options.

1 Like

In my opinion this is an idea I came up with. Everyone please give your opinion

Without doing the necessary tests, there is no way to determine what these stones are or if they’re lab grown or natural. All you’ll be doing is playing the guessing game because both natural and synthetic stones react to UV light. That is not a test one would use determine the kind of stone.

I would say a refractometer is the most helpful instrument you could use, because it would give you the refractive index of the stone, which are a set of numbers, that you would then check against the refractive chart to see what stone falls within those ranges and a microscope would enable you to see what inclusions are in the stones, which could also help if they have distinguishing inclusions like a Demantoid Garnet.

If you don’t have access to a refractometer, you can use the water method to measure the specific gravity of one of the stones, which could also help you determine what it is. There are step by step instructions on the internet and I assume here on IGS, though I haven’t looked, but the specific gravity could lead you to your stones.

I don’t, however, believe that your stones are either Grandidierite or Poudretteite.

look very nice may be that nice they are synthetic ???