Alexandrites

What is the current availability of getting into the Ural region to obtain rough alexandrites?

Hi, my thoughts are that I would be very surprised if you could get into the Urals to purchase rough alexandrite and besides that I would also be surprised if any decent alexandrite would still be coming out of this region, I thought this area had been mined out years ago?? Unless someone else can shed any light on whether or not Alexandrite is still being found in this region.

This story has been in the pipe for years, from info ive found from many sources, & all could be questionable, Russia is sitting on many cts. of the alexandrite material for the control of the gems to the outside. The govt has control over all mining of the precious material & wants to keep as much as possible for their benefit. I understand the chinese now have control over the burmese ruby mines, they bought them so to speak, & now can do as they please to recover as much material as they can. The Russians are also sitting on trillions of cts. of diamonds recently found & the controlling companies now that set diamond prices are worried that a large release of material from Russia will change the pricing of diamonds worldwide. My interest is in colored stones & a large find of good ruby in Mozambique within the last 5 yrs. is proving to be as good or better than the burmese material, which is trickling out at a very reduced rate & quality-just a little gem news-stevie…

If one is still wanting to get good alexandrite, look to Brazil, some of their material is as good as the Russian material, I have a pendent with over 24.5cts. of natural alex, & most of it is said to be Russian & Brazilian-the color change is almost text-book & the colors are good-stevie…

I can supply rough color changing alexandrite,
Origin Kenya

I would be interested in purchasing one if we can connect wrld7tvlr@yahoo.com

i will send you private message in your email