1Kg Ethiopian Opal

How much would you offer for this? And who are the type of buyers for this type of beautiful piece? Any advice will be appreciated! Thank you!

4 Likes

This reminded me Uncut Gems movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sell those on a regular basis. My opals come direct from the mine owners in Ethiopia. You should have someone ( A certified Professional Gemologist from IGS or GIA) appraise it and write up a Certification and get the Fair Market value for it. Otherwise both you and the buyer are at risk selling it for either too little or too much. Your welcome to contact me at acquirecollectibles@gmail.com or allwoodmike@comcast.net for more specific information. I Do certifications and appraisals for these but I sure there are others out there willing to do the same for you. - Mike

1 Like

Sure is a nice piece ,got a lot of fire to it

1 Like

Remember Ethiopian Opals are Hydrophane, which means they absorb water. They are not long lasting and if they get wet tend to look very drab. I have cut many of these. Size is not the value in these. Australian opals have a much greater value. So for example if you took a Ethiopian opal and placed it in water for any length of time the colors tend to disappear . Something to consider!