Tourmaline/Pariba

Hello Everyone!!
I’m new to the group and was curious about evaluation of the Tourmaline/Pariba stones.
My question is with the price guide which is quite wide in valuation. I know it must vary with the color of the really beautiful blue/green color in the larger stones being the most valuable. But I’m not sure how to figure it out.
I have a ring with 6, 1/2 carat light blue/green color Pariba set in 18kt white gold and also 1/2 carat of baguettes diamonds of G/H , VS1/VS2 color.
I’m trying to figure out where these stones would fall on this price guide…
Can anyone help me to understand how to figure it out please?
Thanks!

I may be off base here. But with my limited knowledge, because I’m new to this too. I would suggest getting it evaluated by a professional, with a breakdown on what each component is worth, the setting, stones, ect. Make sure you get a “replacement value” evaluation, for insurance purposes. I only have a small collection of stones, and as I can afford to, I have them evaluated, certified, and appraised, then insured.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding!! I have had it looked at and appraised for replacement value but I was wondering how to read the very wide value on the scale for my own understanding…
Colored gems get no love from the jewelry stores. I took it to one very large “Diamond” store and they had no one who could evaluate it for me…
It seems that with such a wide value scale that it is all based on someone’s opinion more than an actual scale. Unlike diamonds.

Try an independent appraiser. The gemstones should be tested for copper and origin in order to get the right evaluation.

Phyllis,

Im in total agreement with you. I have the same problem with excellent colored gemstones when trying to sell to jewwelry stores. I used to ho to the diamond distruct in NYC when i lived there and never experienced these type of problems.