New trapiche Amethyst from Brazil

I would like to know more about trapiche like pattern amethyst.
After a long research, I didn’t find any trapiche with a perfect star and dark, like this ones.
If someone has the knowlege and can tell more about this beautiful trapiche-like amethysts and also have any ideia regarding the pricing of this type of material, i’ll be grateful.

Two short articles from Gems and Gemology…

Trapiche-like Amethyst from Brazil

Trapiche Gems

2 Likes

Thank you Hobart. This already helps a lot in research.

1 Like

We have frequently provided gems/minerals to GIA for study and many have been written up in GIA’s Gems and Gemology, including this Amethyst Trapiche. See the article in this link:

A few of these that have been published are available for sale. One has been sold.

Some collectors seek out published items and we have a decently large selection where our gems have appeared in newspapers, magazines including some found on airlines, books (two editions by Wallis), trade journals like Gems & Gemology and many websites with permission such as International Gem Society. (And even on a CD of Classical Music).

From Brasil ??? I doubt it very much. Unless from an unknown location

Hello Allen, thanks for de information, I remenber you from Tucson in 2019, we was 3 guys.
We talk briefly at AGTA Hall, and show you some red amethyst gems from our own mine in Rondônia - Brazil. Amethyst Costa Marques. Its nice to have news about you.
Now we discovery this type of trapiche in the mine, and we are searching for more knowledge about it.

1 Like

Yes Bro. it came from Brazil - Rondônia.
This type of material has been extracted from our own mine, but we have not yet placed it on the market. for 5 years we have been preparing all the structure and documentation to make everything ethical.
we are going to present this material for the first time on Denver gem show.

2 Likes

Great to hear this. Congratulations. Wish you success. If you ever come to Salvador/Bahia, we could meet at my shop.

2 Likes

Please send me booth details and I will visit you in Denver - WhatsApp +66808206802 Ciao, Jeffery

1 Like