Fake emeralds, with fake lab certification

Gia does not certify any. Thing I repeat does not certify anything look it up on there wedsite

I am trying to expose some of these people myself. most of them sell on ebay in my experience, I bought a couple of pieces knowing they were false I hasten to add… they could be nothing else at the asking price… I even checked the cert online and it came back as genuine!!! They are getting very clever. I complained to ebay immediately on receiving the “stone” which was patently glass. My money was refunded almost immediately but the guy is still selling on the site! Until companies like ebay take some responsibilty there is it seems no way to stop these people from ripping off innocents. Sadly this is a testiment to the way the world is going. My only advice is to get your stone checked by a legimate and well known lab… there are some in India as well it is not just India that is doing this. Hopefully in the long term those of us that are grnuine will weed out these people and bring the gemstone trade not only into the 21st century but into a trade that can be trusted.

2 Likes

So which one is the real one?? There are people using the second one for Auctions here in Australia. The fact they have certificates is increasing the prices for suspect stones.

Just my 2c’s.
If you check around the genuine labs at the prices they charge, they average $50 to $75 a stone.
No one is going to sell a stone for a price that is less than the certificate costs, makes no sense.
If they are, the stone and certificate are fake.
No one is in this game to throw money away.

1 Like